HOME     |     ABOUT     |     LAUREN DOUGLAS CREATES ETSY SHOP     |     CONTACT

February 16, 2015

My Blessingway

This past Sunday, (February 15th, 2015) Corrine held a digital blessingway for me.
I didn't really know what to expect, but it was so magical.
It was held at 10:00AM EST which, honestly, was clearly too early for most people, but it was the most convenient for myself and she so that's what we went with.

Around 9:30AM I began getting ready; I got my little blessingway altar all set up, I saged the space, put on some Loreena McKennitt and got comfortable.


I put a lot of thought into the items that I included on my altar.
I knew I wanted it to be beautiful, inspirational and filled with pregnancy-and-birth-centered love.

Top left; My carved stone elephant with a baby carved stone elephant in her belly.
Top middle; One of our oil burners; just using it to hold a candle.
Top right; My stones.
Middle left; My large amethyst piece.
Middle; Me.
Middle right; My blessingway cord.
Bottom left; My pregnancy stones.
Bottom middle; My sage.
Bottom right; One of my favourite Ganesha statues.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We started with a "welcome" post; we all introduced ourselves and shared our altar spaces.
Then, a nature offering where people told me what flower reminded them of me and why. Oh, the replies made me so happy...
Next were affirmations; each goddess posted a (very large) number of inspirational mantras for me to say to myself. This was so empowering... Knowing they were all thinking of me, of us when they wrote these...
Then blessings for myself and Rowan were said.. Oh my heart is so full still thinking of them!
The next step was music; people posted links to beautiful, calming music / sounds that I could relax to.
And then the closing circle, followed by the blessingway crown. A few of us tied cord around one of our wrists to be cut off just before the birth in encouragement. Corrine asked everyone to choose a stone to make me a crown and she'll be sending it out soon. How blessed am I?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The things that were said about me... about the kind of person these people see me as... Lifted me up higher than I can tell you. Matthew makes me feel like a goddess every day and Lennon could not be sweeter when it comes to me. But knowing that people outside of my immediate family feel like I have an impact on them... And a good one? Wow.

I feel so empowered and not as scared about the birth...
Which is fantastic because I wasn't very scared about it until quite recently. But I know I can do this. I am strong. My body is ready for this and so is Rowan's. We will be safe and healthy.
I am so excited!

I doubt I'll post again before his birth so I'll likely be back in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for all of the love thrown our way; we feel it so strongly.

Follow via: Bloglovin' | Feedburner | Feedly

No comments: